Discover chamber music in the stunning space of the Nottingham Contemporary gallery with the Tailleferre Ensemble.
Featuring music for wind instruments, the Tailleferre Ensemble play a series of three short Miniature concerts amidst the exploratory installation “The Place We Imagine,” a spectacular combination of art + music for your afternoon.
Nicola Hands, oboe & cor anglais | Penelope Smith, oboe
Emma Halnan, flute | Amy Thompson, bassoon
The Tailleferre Ensemble is a UK-based chamber collective founded in 2019 by Nottingham musician Nicola Hands and Penelope Smith, whose aim is to promote women in music. The group is a chamber ensemble of flexible line-up and size, offering recitals of varied instrumentation and musical genre. They have a special interest in redressing the balance of works performed by male and female composers, and in promoting new music for wind ensemble.
The Music on the Programme
- Eugene Bozza Shepherds of Provence
- Alyssa Morris “Autumn Leaves” from “Collision Etudes”
- Rhian Samuel Little Duos
- Thea Musgrave Whirlwind
- Bill Douglas Three Lyrical Pieces
- Gordon Jacob Partita for Solo Bassoon
- Dana Joras Spring Duo
- Liz Sharma Trialogues
- Shin-Itchiro Yokoyama Souvenir de Caen
- Thea Musgrave Impromptu
- Katherine Hoover Winter Spirits
- Ruth Gipps Piper of Dreams
- Alyssa Morris Brushstrokes