Featuring Musicians of the Royal Northern Sinfonia
This exciting new production explores sound, shape and space, bringing together four musicians from Royal Northern Sinfonia in collaboration with MishMash Productions. This interactive concert is a unique opportunity to introduce children, or indeed all of us, to classical music in a fresh way. Dramatic and beautiful music from Beethoven, Dvořák, Coleridge-Taylor, and Jessie Montgomery, is guaranteed to have children and their adults beaming with delight as they experience a flurry of sounds and sights.
This performance is ideal for children aged 7 – 11, and children of all ages are welcome. This concert is approximately 45 minutes in length.
The Music on the Programme
- Gloria Coates Mirror Canon
- Beethoven String Quartet Op. 18 No. 1 First Movement
- Kaija Saariaho Sept Papillons for Solo Cello, No. 2
- Jessie Montgomery Strum
- Bacewicz Polish Caprice
- Janacek Kreutzer Sonata Second Movement
- Bach Partita in E Major for Solo Violin
- Hindemith Sonata Op. 25 Fourth Movement
- Coleridge-Taylor Fantasiestucke No. 3
- Dvorak Drobnosti Op 75a No. 1
*Under 14s must be accompanied by an adult